The overall goal for the enhancements is to improve efficiency and compliance. Below are the goals for the entire project:
- Optimize the contract request process efficiency by ensuring UPST review commences immediately after submission
- Adopt a risk adjusted approach for construction (trade work) and entertainment related contracts under $10k by moving them to purchase orders (PO)
- Enhance compliance requirements gathering for specific stakeholders (CISO & HR) to ensure faster decision making
|Component||Current State||Future State|
|Enhanced Information Technology Risk Questions||
|Independent Contractor Questions (Boston & Dartmouth Only)||
|Entertainment & Trade Contracts
(Up to $10k)
|Contract Request Review Process||
|General User Experience Updates||
- Monday, January 23, 2023; 10:00am – 11:00am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2023; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday, February 2, 2023; 9:00am – 10:00am
- Monday, February 6, 2023; 10:00am – 11:00am
- Tuesday, January 24, 2023; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Friday, January 27, 2023; 10:00am – 11:00am
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023; 9:00am – 10:00am
- Thursday, February 2, 2023; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Training Presentations & Recordings
To access your campus' training presentation & recordings, please visit the Training Presentation & Recordings (TCM Phase 2) page. Please note that this page is behind a firewall and you will need to log in using your UMass credentials.
Things to Note...
- Coffee with UPST (December) – Friday, December 16, 2022
- Last Day for Campus Contract Request Approval: Friday, January 20, 2023, at Noon
- Blackout Period: Monday, January 23 – 27, 2023
- Information Sessions: Monday, January 23 – February 3rd, 2023
- Updated Contract Process Go-Live: Monday, January 30, 2023
During the blackout period, exceptions will only be made for contracts that are an emergency (environment, health, and safety of the campus).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details around your need.
- UPST will pass along the information to your campus gatekeeper for them to determine if it is a true emergency.
|Campus||Escalated Request Gatekeeper|
|UMass Amherst||Denise Storm|
|UMass Boston||Darryl Mayers|
|UMass Chan||Marcy Culverwell & Jennifer Robinson|
|UMass Dartmouth||Michael LaGrassa|
|UMass Lowell||Sharon-Anne Mapes|
|UMass President's Office||John Healey|
Frequently Asked Questions
The blackout period will start Monday, January 23rd and end on Friday, January 27th.
This means that you will not be able to submit or approve any new or incomplete contract requests. UPST's focus during this period is to clear existing contract requests to ensure that this change does not impact you, our stakeholders, negatively.
All contract requests should have campus (department, budget, fund, etc.) approvals on or before 12pm, Friday, January 20th. Any contract request that is incomplete or does not have full campus approval in BuyWays after that time will need to be restarted when the form reopens on Monday, January 30th.
Fully approved contract requests received before Friday, January 20th will be reviewed/processed by UPST as normal.
- Information Sessions: Monday, January 23 – Friday, February 7, 2023 (see your campus registration link in the "Information Sessions" section)
- New Contract Process Go-Live: Monday, January 30, 2023