The University of Massachusetts System-wide Enterprise Risk Management Program guides and implements an ongoing process to:
- Proactively identify risks across the University
- Assess the potential impact of risks on core mission and strategic initiatives
- Prioritize risks across the University
- Where appropriate, ensure implementation of actions to mitigate these risks
- Monitor risks and risk mitigation actions
The UMass ERM Program provides critical risk information to leadership across the University to enable informed decision-making about strategy, policies and programs.