The University of Massachusetts System-wide Enterprise Risk Management Program guides and implements an ongoing process to:
- Proactively identify risks across the University
- Assess the potential impact of risks on core mission and strategic initiatives
- Prioritize risks across the University
- Identify, document and assess strategies to mitigate these risks
- Monitor risks and risk mitigation actions
The UMass ERM Program provides critical risk information to leadership across the University to enable informed decision-making about strategy, policies and programs.
Our program additionally facilitates:
- Collaboration across the system on the development and implementation of certain health, safety, and security plans and programs.
- Communication by being the primary point of contact for the President's Office on domestic and international emergencies.