On Monday, January 30, 2023, UPST is releasing an update to the Contract Request process. The goal of this release is to improve efficiency for our end users while driving compliance to UMass BOT policies.
These updates include:
- Enhanced Information Technology Risk Questions (excluding UMass Chan)
- Entertainment/Performer Contract Request Threshold Change: purchases up to $10K can now be made directly on a purchase order (PO) with UMass terms and conditions
- Trade Work Contract Request Threshold Change: purchases up to $10K can now be made directly on a purchase order (PO) in alignment with Commonwealth laws
- Determination of Independent Contractor Status: added to the contract request process for UMass Boston & UMass Dartmouth only
- General User Experience Updates: covering addition of error messages, help texts, etc., to ensure ease of using the process and tools
For these new changes to take effect, there will need to be a contract request blackout period where no new contract requests (or those that still need campus approval) will be accepted by UPST. This blackout period will be from January 23rd - January 27th.
During this blackout period you will not be able to submit or approve any new or incomplete contract requests. UPST's focus during this period is to clear existing contract requests to ensure that this change does not impact you or our stakeholders, negatively.
View the project page for more info on the updates, blackout period, and regist…