As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic made the UMass system scale back its campus operations to mitigate the spread within our community. Now that the Commonwealth has defined a phased reopening plan that will get people back to work while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19, the UMass System is looking on doing the same.
To ensure the safety, health and well-being of our campus communities, customers and suppliers, the UMass System is continuously updating its policies and guidelines in alignment with leading practices recommended by the CDC, OSHA, federal and state governments. As a valued supplier and partner to the System, we encourage you to partner with us in this effort.
To continue this partnership, the UMass System requires that your company:
- MUST have and implement a written COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan as stated in OSHA 3990-03 2020, Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
- Have standards in place to ensure, among others, the following:
- Social distancing (minimum of 6 feet)
- Use of face coverings in the workplace
- Requiring sick employees to stay home
- Consideration for daily conduct of in-person or virtual health checks
- Educating employees about steps they can take to protect themselves at work (proper hygiene including frequent hand washing, routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces, etc.)
Suppliers unable to meet the above requirements may be subject to termination of the relationship between your business and the UMass system.
Note: this communication complements campus specific COVID considerations you may be required to meet.
We sincerely appreciate your continued partnership with the system.