Need Immediate Help In A Crisis?
The following crisis hotlines are available 24x7.
Employee Assistance Programs
An employer-sponsored employee assistance plan (EAP) is a work-based intervention program designed to identify and assist employees in resolving personal problems that may be adversely affecting their performance at work, such as marital, financial or emotional problems; family issues; or substance or alcohol misuse. Employees at the President's Office have access to the following EAP programs:
Overview of ComPsych Services
- Services available for employees, spouses/significant others and eligible dependents
- Service includes a fully integrated EAP/Work-Life service including toll-free 24/7/365 access to EAP consultants for information, assessment, short-term problem resolution and crisis intervention, and 3 counseling sessions per distinct and separate issue per eligible individual per year
- Supervisory/management orientations via telephone or onsite
- Mandatory referral case management services for issues such as substance abuse for managers and HR
- Legal services including access to consultants and personalized referrals
- Access to a wide variety of resources and materials on issues such as emotional health, elder and child care, addictions and workplaces issues
You can access the following resources online or through the mobile app:
- Articles, podcasts, videos and slideshows
- On-demand trainings, online communities and chat
- “Ask a GuidanceConsultant” personal responses to your questions
Accessing the Website
- Navigate to ComPsych GuidanceResources.
- Click Register
- Enter Web ID: UMASS
- Create a username and password
Downloading the Mobile App
- Search GuidanceResources (one word) via your App Store.
- Install GuidanceResources Now
- Tap Member Resources and enter your user name and password
Services available through the GIC’s EAP include:
- Three in-person virtual, telephone or in-person therapy visits per issue per year
- 30-minute telephone or in-person legal or mediation consultation per issue per year
- Guidance from a financial advisor to help with debt, foreclosure, financial planning and more
- Referrals to a variety of Work-Life convenience services, child care, elder care and more
- Access to Mass4YOU’s 24/7 confidential substance abuse treatment helpline and a licensed clinician
To access these resources, go to www.liveandworkwell.com
- Access Code: mass4you
- Phone: 1-844-263-1982
- TTY Support: 711 +1-844-263-1982
- Substance Use Treatment Helpline: 1-855-780-5955
Concerned about a colleague?
Learn about how you can support a colleague by reviewing Mental Health America's Supporting an Employee content, which covers three key areas: talking it out, offering support, and educating yourself.