Employees may purchase a monthly T Pass or pay for parking expenses through the Qualified Transportation Benefits Program (QTBP) administered by Benefit Strategies. The QTBP is a pre-tax benefit program that includes both Parking and Transit expenses. All benefitted employees are eligible to enroll in either or both plans. The monthly fee for this program is $1.50 and will be taken on a pre-tax basis. There is only one fee even if you enroll in both plans.
If you wish to purchase a monthly pass on a pre-tax basis, you must enroll through Benefit Strategies. Once you have completed and submitted the online election form, you will receive a set of 2 flex VISA debit cards from Benefit Strategies which you will use to purchase your T Pass. If you have a Charlie Card, you may continue to use the same card. Just take the debit card and the Charlie Card to the purchasing agent to transfer the funds from the debit card to the Charlie Card. When you receive your 2 flex VISA debit cards, you can then register for your member online account. Under New User select Create Your New Username and Password link, and follow the steps from there with your full name, home zip code, full SSN# or UMass Employee ID#.
Benefit Strategies Transit and Parking Reimbursement Accounts Services
Employee Discount Platform
The President’s Office offers a Voluntary Benefits and Discount Program Platform called UMass Compass! Please visit UMass Compass to see the offers awaiting you.
The portal will allow you to take advantage of some new benefits like:
- The enhanced Auto Insurance Quoting Tool - helping benefited employees get the best price and maximum value on Auto insurance through Travelers, Farmers (formerly MetLife), and Liberty Mutual
- MetLife Legal plan — giving benefited employees peace of mind if you need help with a legal issue
- Allstate Identity Protection - an identity theft protection and credit monitoring program; $9.95 per month for individual plan and $17.95 per month for family plan. Employees may enroll at any time during the year
- Long-Term Care Insurance through Mutual of Omaha-provides a policy to help pay for assisted living facilities or in-home care services such as bathing, dressing, feeding if unable to care for one self; this benefit is offered during an open enrollment in the fall of each year
- UMass Employee Discount Program, with deep discounts on products that you use every day
- 24/7 Support (855) 990 - 3300
Should you set up payroll deductions for auto or home insurance policies, MetLife Legal plan or Allstate Identity Protection program, the deductions will all appear under the one deduction code titled “Corestream Voluntary Benefits” on your biweekly paycheck. A breakdown of your deductions will be available on the UMass Compass website and Corestream will be able to assist 24/7 with any deduction question.