- Periodically starting in May, an update will be posted reflecting work related to the move.
- Virtual Town Halls will be scheduled for the team to provide updates/field questions.
- May 12 2023 Virtual Town Hall Presentation
- June 16 Virtual Town Hall Presentation
- August 30 Virtual Town Hall Presentation
- Westborough office move-in date is September 27, 2023.
- Shrewsbury Conference Rooms and AV Resources: All conference rooms, with the exception of the two rooms listed below, will no longer have AV equipment available in them.
Outlook Resource Name
Room 662-1, Pole E7
Room718, Pole A1
Upcoming Activities and Events
50 Washington Viewing Event - Wednesday, September 20
- Optional event for all employees, whether regularly reporting or on-site as needed
- Morning and afternoon sessions - registration required
- Activities will include;
- Tour of building
- Review of building amenities
- Related information sessions
- Pick up your new badge
- Other related activities
- More details and registration information will be sent via email in the upcoming weeks
- Lighthouse Coffee provided a demo of their services in April
- High turnout with great participation and feedback
The UMPO Relocation Showcase is now open!
- Attend the Showcase request website
- The office relocation showcase at South Street is a program of activities and displays for employees to learn more about elements planned for the new office. The Showcase is displayed near the Human Resources office at South Street.
- Additional 'Know Before You Go' Sessions where you will use Robin and plan your day in the office and preview the new furniture and standard desktop equipment
- Register here for the week of September 5th
All employees will receive a new building badge for the Westborough Office. Shrewsbury badges and parking tags will be collected in Westborough at the end of September.
Project Overview & Team
- The new location will be designed to meet the needs of today’s UMPO workforce, in which most employees work on site 2 days per week or are on-site as needed.
- Since a priority during on-site workdays is collaboration, the new location will have additional conference rooms, huddle spaces, and other resources to promote face-to-face communication and teamwork.
- The new location will incorporate the use of a “workpoint reservation” model as some departments move away from individually assigned offices and cubicles.
- This model will offer more generally available space that can easily be reserved on an as-needed basis.
Here's a link to the initial relocation announcement: UMPO Relocation Overview
|Project Management||Change Management Leads||Workstream Leads|
- Conference Rooms: meeting room for groups of varying size (8+) to host virtual meetings, webinars and/or training - providing staff the flexibility to host a variety of events with the appropriate technology. These are technology enabled spaces.
- Collaboration Space: area of the office which allows people to come together to workshop and exchange ideas - providing staff a change of environment to inspire creativity and collaboration. These are no-tech spaces.
- Mothers Room: a private and relaxing space for nursing mothers - a location where mothers can use a breast pump and store their milk. This is a no-tech space.
- Wellness Room: a special area in the workplace that's designated for quiet time - a space for privacy, recuperation, and escape from the noise and pace of the typical office environment. This is a no-tech space.
- Huddle Room: collaborative spaces meant for informal, peer-to-peer communication - perfect for brainstorming or touching base with co-workers. These are low-tech / no-tech spaces.
- Phone Rooms: small space for solo phone calls, virtual meetings, and focused work - providing staff the space to participate in a private call. These are low-tech spaces (phones only).
- Coffee Bar & Water Station: a small but comfortable area in the workplace to grab coffee and refill water - the area will also provide soft seating or will be in close proximity to collaboration areas. These are no-tech spaces.
- Workpoints: a workpoint is the location where you will work for your on-site workday – can be a workstation, private office or a desk in a double office. These are tech enabled spaces (BYWL – bring your work laptop).
The Operation Declutter workstream includes the following activities:
- Shed & shred days
- Inventory of supplies
- Office and cubical decluttering
- Removal of personal items
- Common area decluttering
- Record retention
The construction workstream includes buildouts in the following areas:
- Conference rooms
- Collaborative spaces
- Break room and kitchenettes
- Access Control (wiring, system installation, installation of card access equipment)
For more information on workspaces, visit the Relocation Q&A Workspace page.
The Furniture & Accessories workstream includes furnishing activities for the following areas:
- Conference rooms
- Collaboration areas
- Ancillary spaces
For questions about amenities, visit the Relocation Q&A Amenities page.
- UITS and A&F are partnering on implementing a modern reservation system as part of the relocation. The system will enable employees to reserve space and view the location of other UMPO employees.
- More information on the new system, including system demos, will be coming soon. In the mean time, answers to questions about the reservation system can be found on the Workspace Q&A webpage.
Robin Reservation is our new platform for employees to plan and reserve office space for their in-office days.
Key features include:
- Available to UMSO staff only
- View desk space openings
- Restrict spaces based on permissions
- See who is sitting where
- Favorite people you work with
- Filter by Assets and Qty
- Web or phone to book desks
- Web, phone, or Outlook to book spaces
- Receive email confirmation from Robin
- Check in/Check out/Release
- Request Services (IT, AV, catering, etc.)
Robin Introductory Training Sessions:
UITS - Wednesday, May 31st at noon
A&F, Internal Audit, OGC - Thursday, June 1st at noon
The Audio Visual & Desktop workstream entails developing an AV standard, designing an AV program, and installation of the AV design. The following areas are included in the Audio Visual & Desktop workstream:
- Digital Signage
- Sound Masking
- Workstation setups
For information on technology, visit the Relocation Q&A Technology page.
The Network workstream includes the following activities:
- Data cabling and wired connectivity
- MDF/IDF setup
- Wireless connectivity
Submit a Question
- Have a question about the move? Submit it here and the team will add it to the Q&A section.