The Budget Office manages the review and approval processes for capital projects funded from government sources, debt, or operating funds. It serves as a central point of coordination for the Commonwealth, the University’s five campuses, and the Board of Trustees on issues related to the development, coordination, and funding of capital improvement projects.
Biennially, the University updates it’s five-year capital plan to ensure sound management and upkeep of its capital assets, and to align capital spending with the University’s strategic priorities. Departmental responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the UMass Building Authority to program campus projects
- Developing capital policies and processes
- Advocating to Commonwealth capital planning agencies for project support
- Preparing capital agenda items for the president and Board of Trustees
- Reporting on capital performance
The department identifies funding options and ensures that projects comply with University policies and Massachusetts law, as well as working together with the Commonwealth’s Division of Capital Asset Management to program renovation and construction activity supported by state funding.
The University Budget Office facilitates and manages financing activities that benefit the University community.
- Capital Plan FY2024-2028
- Capital Plan FY2022-2026
- Fitch Report
- University Annual Disclosure Document
- Capital Plan FY2019-2023
- Capital Plan FY2017-2021
- Capital Plan FY2015-2019
- Capital Plan FY2014-2018
- Capital Plan FY 2013-2017
- Capital Plan FY2012-2016 (Summary)
- Capital Plan FY 2012-2016
- Capital Plan FY2011-2015
- Capital Plan FY2010-2014