It has been almost one year since the Contract Request process was deployed in BuyWays. Since this time, we have received feedback from you on ways to improve the process. The updated Contract Request form and process will go live on Monday, January 30, 2022!
The overall goal for the enhancements is to improve efficiency and compliance. Some updates will include:
- Entertainment & Trade contracts threshold change, i.e., < S10K on PO
- Update to contract request & reviewal process
- General user experience updates
- Last Day for Campus Contract Request Approval: Friday, January 20, 2023, at Noon
- Blackout Period: Monday, January 23 – 27, 2023
- Information Sessions: Monday, January 23 – February 7, 2023
- Updated Contract Process Go-Live: Monday, January 30, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the blackout period?
- The blackout period will start Monday, January 23 and end on Friday, January 27
- What does a “blackout period” mean?
- This means that you will not be able to submit or approve any new or incomplete contract requests. UPST's focus during this period is to clear existing contract requests to ensure that this change does not impact you, our stakeholders, negatively.
- What is the last day UPST can receive a new and approved contract request?
- All contract requests should have campus (department, budget, fund, etc.) approvals on or before 12pm, Friday, January 20. Any contract request that is incomplete or does not have full campus approval in BuyWays after that time will need to be restarted when the form reopens on Monday, January 30<.
- Can I submit an amendment/renewal/SOW/MSA during go-live blackout?
- What happens to my requests that are under review by UPST during this transition period?
- Fully approved contract requests received before Friday, January 20th will be reviewed/processed by UPST as normal.