University Information Technology Services
Boston, Dartmouth, and Lowell use Terra Dotta to manage the receipt, processing, and authorization for study abroad applications by students both within and outside of the UMass System. Use of the software allows the campuses to advertise for their own international educational experiences as well as the opportunities available from leading educational providers across the world and international partnership schools. The site also functions as a way for the Study Abroad offices to collect and report on data in the event of an emergency that may impact students studying abroad.
UITS hosts and maintains the web-based application. We provide assistance with site development, business process review, enhancing the use of new and existing application features, and interfacing with other UMass systems.
- Study Abroad program directory database
- Advertise education abroad efforts & opportunities
- Email messaging campaigns
- Electronic application process
- Electronic document collection/submission
- Ensure compliance with travel/risk management policies
- PeopleSoft interface
- Workflow engine
- Automated queries/reporting
- Travel tracking/risk management mitigation
- Delivery of online content (study abroad orientation, quizzes, faqs)