University Information Technology Services
The University has developed a set of policies and procedures to enable the recovery of information and critical technology in the case of a service-impacting disaster. UITS manages Disaster Recovery (DR) for business critical shared service applications. As part of this service, the DR team develops plans for each business critical application accordingly to the level of criticality defined for the application. Each DR plan includes the following:
- Defined Disaster Recover Strategy
- Specific Recovery Tasks
- Recovery Dependencies
- Technical Verification Testing
- Recovery Criticality and Durations
The DR team also conducts simulated tests of these plans as identified and scheduled.
The following applications are provided with Disaster Recovery support. Business offices sign off on the level of criticality and other DR information when a Disaster Plan is developed.
- HR Direct
- Identity and Access Management
- Student Administration (COIN, ISIS, Wiser)
- Student Administration – Worcester