The Peer Ambassadors Program has three key goals:
- Help new employees feel welcomed and connected during their first day, first week and throughout their first 3 months on the job.
- Help new employees adjust to the University of Massachusetts culture and their new work environment.
- Enable new employees to be as productive and effective as they can be.
What Does a Peer Ambassador Do?
Share insights on how things are done here;
Involve new employees in social or informal activities, such as lunch, coffee, etc.;
Teach, tutor, and demonstrate to help new employees learn how we do things;
Explain how to use office equipment, obtain office supplies, make travel arrangements, ect.;
Socialize new employees on our guidelines, norms, and culture.
Who Can Be a Peer Ambassador?
Full-time departmental staff that have at least one year of service in their current departemnt can volunteer to participate in the PA Program.
How can I become a Peer Ambassador?
Complete these easy steps:
- Complete an application form
- Obtain manager's approval and signature
- If selected, attend training sessions (1-2 hours each quarter)
Where can I learn more?
Call HR: 774-455-7150
Email HR: HRPO@umassp.edu