UMSO Help Desk
Standard Email Signature
The following standard e-mail signature design should be used by UITS staff in Outlook. Please do not change the font, size, or color.
Apply the Signature to Outlook in Windows
- Click on File in upper left of screen, then Options, then Mail, then click on the signature box.
- Copy and paste it
- Edit the info as needed.
- Save the updates.
Apply the Signature to Outlook on a Mac
- Select File in the upper left corner of the screen. A dropdown will open.
- Select Preferences. The Outlook Preferences pop-up will open.
- Select the Signature item under the Email section of Outlook Preferences.
- Copy and paste the signature.
- Edit the info as needed.
- Verify you have set up the default signature.
- Close the Signatures window.
Apply the Signature to the Outlook Web App
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the Outlook Web App. A dropdown will appear.
- Select the Options menu item. The options page will open with a menu to the left.
- Select the settings menu item under the options menu. The settings section will open with the email signature at the top of the page.
- Copy/paste the text of the signature into the email signature box using the E-mail Signature Templates for Outlook document. Do not copy in the logo. You need to point to a logo residing on a web server. That logo is below this step.
- Right click the logo above. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Select Copy Image.
- Return to the web app and copy in the logo below the text in email signature field.
- Save the signature.
Apply the Signature to Your Outlook App (iPhone)
- On your desktop, download the signature code you would like to use for your Outlook App signature. Note that you can only select one when using the mobile app.
- Edit any content marked in bold in the file.
- Copy the updated code.
- Paste the code into a blank email and email it to yourself.
- Access the Outlook App on your Android or iPhone.
- Open the email and copy the code.
- Select the hamburger menu at the top left corner of the Outlook App. The Exchange menu will open
- Select the gear at the bottom right corner of the menu. The Settings page will open.
- Select the Signature option.
- Paste the code into the Signature field.
- Return back to your mail, open a new message and confirm all signature content.
Apply the Signature to Your Outlook App (Android)
At this time, there is styling capability for the Android Outlook App email signature. You should add the following plain text formatting signature:
University Information Technology Services
UMass Office of the President
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
774-455-5555 (O) | 555-555-5555 (F) | 555-555-5555 (M)