UMSO Help Desk
IMPORTANT: The myPassword site is temporarily down. Please contact the UMSO Help Desk for assistance in changing your password. Thank you.
When you need to update your password, please follow these guidelines:
It is recommended that you print these instructions along with the eduroam installation reset documentation listed below before you begin.
- Gather all of your devices (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) that have applications or utilities installed that require your umassp.edu password. This should include any devices offsite (home, etc.).
- Power off all devices except for your primary device. This device should be connected via an ethernet connection.
- Reset your password via the My Password website.
- Choose one device to start with - a desktop or laptop is preferred with a wired connection to the network. Power on the desktop or laptop and verify you can login successfully.
- If you have wireless capability on your desktop or laptop, please refer to the instructions for eduroam password reset instructions.
- Power on your next device and update the saved password(s). This would include any application that uses your umassp credentials (email, etc.). Examples of devices: iPad, iPhone, Android phone, etc. Please refer to instructions on how to reset eduroam on an iOS or Android device.
- Continue to power on and update one device at a time until you have updated your password(s) on every device.
If you do not update a password on a device, when powered on, that device will attempt to validate the affected application(s) or system(s). By doing so, your account will become locked out for 30 minutes after the account lockout threshold (5 invalid login attempts) has been reached.
If you forget your password, please contact the UMSO Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 774.455.7777 and request a password reset for your account.
If you are having an issue with any device, a member of the Client Support group will contact you.