UMSO Help Desk
The NavBar provides handy navigation options such as Recent Places, My Favorites, Navigator, and My Preferences. Users can also add and remove tiles from the NavBar using personalization options found here.
- Click on the NavBar compass icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on the Navigator button.
- Select a menu item from drop down list and drill down to the page you would like to view.
Adding to the NavBar
A customizable NavBar is a great feature for quick and easy navigation. Clicking on the shortcut icons in the NavBar will open the corresponding page automatically eliminating manual navigation.
Option 1: Navigating to a page and adding it to the NavBar
- Navigate to the page you want to add to your NavBar.
- Click on the Actions List icon in the top right corner and select Add to NavBar from the menu list. This adds a shortcut to the current page onto the NavBar.
Option 2: Using the Personalize NavBar Feature
- Click on the NavBar compass icon in the upper right corner. Click on the tools/gear icon in the upper right corner of the NavBar. This opens the Personalize NavBar feature.
- Click on the Add Tile button in the upper right corner of the pop-up and locate the page you want to add.
- Click the Done button in the upper right corner of the pop-up to save the changes to your NavBar.
Editing the NavBar
- Click on the tools/gear icon in the upper right corner of the NavBar. This opens the Personalize NavBar feature.
- Edit the NavBar:
- Reorganize the order in which the icons appear by dragging and dropping the menu item to the desired place in the menu.
- Delete a tile by clicking the red “X” icon next to the name of the page you want to delete.
- Click the Done button to save the changes to the NavBar.
Using the Left Navigation Folders and Links
By selecting an available tile from your Homepage you will see the left hand navigation which provides easy access to the most frequently used functions via folders and links. Access to folders and links are based on a user’s security access.
The left hand navigation will show folders which are high level categories within the module. Click on the folder to view the available functions within that category.
Below the folders are links to specific pages relevant to commonly used tasks within the module.