UMSO Help Desk
By default, Chrome will notify you when a pop-up is blocked and give you an option to see it. To turn off pop-up blocker, follow these instructions:
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome menu (the three dots/ vertical ellipses in the upper right corner).
- Select Settings.
- Click the Advanced settings (at the bottom).
- Under Privacy and Security, click the Site Settings.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, slide the Allow slide bar to the right (on).
- To enable pop-ups on specific sites, the slide bar should be on the left (off). Specific sites can then be added under ‘Allow’.
- Click the Firefox menu in the right upper corner of the window – triple bar.
- Select Options.
- Click on Privacy and Security on the left.
- Scroll down to Permissions and click on 'Pop-ups and redirects'
- To enable the pop-up blocker, check the Block pop-up windows box.
- To allow specific pop-ups, click Exceptions and enter the URL(s).
Firefox (Mac OS)
- With Firefox open, select 'Firefox' from the menu bar, then click on Preferences (could also be named Settings)
- Click on Content
- Check the block pop-up windows box to either allow or block pop-ups
Internet Explorer (Windows IE 9 and later)
- Click the GEAR icon and select Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Uncheck Turn on Pop-up Blocker to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Click the Settings button to disable pop-up blockers for specific sites.
- Click OK.