Select a vendor from a Competitive Bid Process.
The Procurement Office coordinates and manages all competitive bids and proposals for the System Office. They can assist you in developing the required documents and can help guide you through the entire bid process.
For more information regarding the Competitive Bid Process, or to initiate a Competitive Bid, please contact the Procurement Office at email@example.com.
Fill out and submit a No Bid Justification Form
Note: All No Bid Justification forms must be signed by a Vice President and approved by the Director of Procurement. A No Bid Justification may only be used if the following conditions exist:
- The service being purchased is unique and the specified vendor is the only vendor from whom the service may be purchased, or
- Similar services may exist, but for reasons of expertise, standardization, quality, compatibility with existing equipment, specifications or availability, the vendor selected is the only acceptable vendor to the University.
- Legal review is required on all professional service contracts greater than $100,000 prior to obtaining a vendor signature.
- A purchase requisition must be entered and approved in the BuyWays Procurement System.
- If a University, State (OSD), E&I or MHEC contracts vendor is used, the contract number must be referenced on the requisition.
- If a vendor is selected from a competitive bid process, the bid number must be referenced on the requisition.
- If a No Bid Justification Form is used, the form should be attached to the requisition in BuyWays.
- A fully executed University of Massachusetts Contract for Services must be completed and attached to the requisition in BuyWays.
- If the purchase is for Consulting Services of $300,000 or greater, the contract must be signed by the Senior VP for Administration and Finance & Treasurer.
See Related Forms and Documentation to the right.