In mid-September, several users interacting with SharePoint Information Rights Management libraries (libraries protecting PII data) lost access to editing IRM-protected documents in the native Microsoft Office application. All users could still view the documents online through the web-based version of Word, but received a permissions error in Microsoft Office. After further investigation, UITS was able to determine that the issues started after users had completed the latest Windows updates. We engaged Microsoft and, after additional analysis and testing, Microsoft was able to identify a fix.
Quick Windows RMS client reset.
- Exit running Office applications (feel free to keep Lync/Skype running).
- Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\MSIPC.
- Rename the %localappdata%\Microsoft\MSIPC directory.
Please consider taking a backup of ~/Library indicate User Library folder before deleting any content
- Delete all ADAL entries from the keychain (look for "adal" keyword)
- Delete the following files/folders on the Mac machine. Note that not all of these files/folders may exist within your library. Please delete any that appear.
- ~/Library/Caches/Microsoft\ Rights\ Management\ Services
- ~/Library/Group\ Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/DRM.plist
- Launch Excel and you might get a prompt to authenticate, follow the screen.