The insurance package provides coverage and services to: the University’s Students when participating in University sponsored and approved international study abroad programs; as well as to University Trustees, Faculty, Staff and Volunteers while on approved international travel for University business.
The University Treasurer’s Office recommends that each campus establish written procedures for foreign travel. Procedures should include a requirement that authorization to travel should be made in writing prior to the travel. These documents should be kept centrally on each campus and/or made easily accessible.
The University’s international travel coverage is intended to provide the first line of service and protection to the University’s travelers. Prior to traveling, international travelers should still contact their personal health insurance company to make certain they understand what additional coverage they may have in place, or may want to put in place, while traveling abroad. Any additional coverage purchased would be at the traveler’s own expense.
Please click on the following link to see a summary of available coverage.
To receive more information on this program and/or to receive the University’s International Travel Insurance brochure which includes important policy information, please contact your campus representative.
Campus Points of Contact
Faculty and Staff Contacts
- Amherst: Ruth Yanka, 413-545-1581
- Boston: Wanda Alston, 617-287-5124
- Dartmouth: Michael Lagrassa, 508-999-9180
- Lowell: John Perroni, 978-934-3576
- Medical School: Benefits Department, 508-856-1897
- President’s Office: Matt Wamback, 774-455-7588
- Amherst: Kalpen Trivedi, 413-545-5181
- Boston: Lurlene Van Buren, 617-287-3961 or International Program under CCDE, Stanley Wanucha, 617-287-7941
- Dartmouth: Kristen Kalbrener, 508-910-6503
- Lowell: Fern MacKinnon, 978-934-4094
- Medical School: Michael Godkin, 508-856-3917